Aadhaar Card is compulsory to avail a number of services and to authenticate various documents. For the purpose of availing online facilities pertaining to Aadhaar, you need to register your mobile number with UIDAI that will send the OTP for authentication. If you wish to use the mAadhaar application, your mobile number needs to be registered under Aadhaar. If your previous registered mobile number under UIDAI has been deactivated or if you wish to modify your mobile number in the Aadhaar card details, you need to visit an Aadhaar Enrolment Centre.
Steps to Change Your Mobile Number in Aadhar Card
- Step 1: Visit nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Centre.
- Step 2: Fill the Aadhaar Update/Correction form.
- Step 3: Give form to an Aadhaar executive.
- Step 4: Pay INR50 fee for the service.
- Step 5: You get an acknowledgement slip containing the URN.
- Step 6: URN becomes usable for status check for request update.
- Step 7: The mobile number gets updated in Aadhaar’s database within 3 months
Steps to Add/Update Mobile Number in Aadhar Card
- Step 1: Go to the nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Centre
- Step 2: Upgrade the Aadhaar Enrolment Form
- Step 3: State your mobile number in the form
- Step 4: Deposit the form to the executive
- Step 5: Verify your details by using biometrics
- Step 6: Providing documents is not required.
- Step 7: Fees of INR50 have to be paid to get this service.
- Step 8: For those who mention the mobile number during enrolment, there is no requirement for re-registration.