Mudakathan keerai dosai is healthy dosai our elders include baloon vine in our diet, which helps in our health in many ways. We all look out for healthier food options to include in our everyday diet in many ways.
Many of you from Tamil nadu might know this mudakathan keerai dosai, which your mom makes and ask you to take it for its health benefits.
My mom also makes this dosai often at home as it is found easily in out backyard in plenty (climber). I have literally cried for eating this dosai in my childhood.
Mudakathan (முடக்கு + அட்றான்) means it helps in getting rid of joint pains. It is said to have good relief in arthritis pain. It is also anti inflammatory, so can get rid of all inflammation related pains.
Recipe For Mudakathan Keerai Dosai
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 3-4
- Idli/Dosa Batter – 2 cups
- Mudakathan Keerai (Balloon Vine Leaves) – 1 packet (about 2 cups)
- Green Chilies – 3-4 Cumin
- Seeds – 1 tsp
- Wash and dry the mudakathan keerai leaves.
- Take these leaves in a mixie jar along with green chilies and cumin seeds. Grind it to a paste with very little water if needed.
- Mix this paste with the idli batter till it is well combined. Add salt and water to the batter if required.
- Heat a tawa and pour a ladle full of batter, spread it like regular dosa, drizzle few drops of gingelly oil all around and let it cook till one side browns.
- Flip the dosa and cook the other side for just a minute. Mudakathan keerai dosai is ready to be served.